Monday, April 4, 2011

My FoOt iS My Flat TiRe

Hi Ann- So I hurt my right foot this past weekend which is bad timing because of trying to get my house in order to put on the market- Prior to this ankle event I was without my sewing machine for 10 days. It desperately needed servicing and when the black shuttle part (?) behind the bobbin broke -it prompted me to get the service done (especially since it wasn't sewing). I got the machine back the middle of last week and quickly got back to sewing. It was my reward in between painting, packing and purging.



 Look Ann-it's your BFF Stella wondering why you aren't here to see her.











Once I had the machine back in the house and  plugged in I set to work sewing- well cutting first.
I made a quilt for a dear work friend who retired from HHP last year. She had asked me to make her a dolphin flag and I wanted to make her a quilt instead. I decided I had plenty of fabric to choose from in my stash and would use what I had on hand to make this quilt (of course this still meant a trip to the LQS where I bought some fabric- the border fabric and the muslin were from my stash). This is me so proud I actually used

 something I had in my closet- go figure huh! 


We all called  her the queen (in the most respectful manner) as she was the queen of the place. The quilt needed a crown and of course some dolphin.















Before My Machine Took to Ailing I began the Machine Quilting on the RattleSnake. Time consuming however I like the depth of the quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment