Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry, Merry!

Hey Lauren,
I hope your holidays have been happy and that you have enjoyed any visitors who may have come to spend some time at home. I know you were happy to see them! Have you been able to dig out of all the snow that you got? We got flakes for awhile, nothing stuck but it was fun to go out and stand in it.
I haven't been sewing much. The Party Guy brought the crud home from work Monday before Christmas and we have both spent the holidays feeling miserable. I didn't even get to cook the magnificent Christmas dinner that I had planned because we didn't feel like eating. The Party Guy missed two days of work...a first in the 25 years that he has worked at his current job! Another sign that he was under the weather was the sleeping until 9:30! I have never known him to do that. Hopefully we are both on the down side of this thing and will be back to 100% soon.
I did read something online about piecing letters out of fabric and gave it a try.

It was fun and I can see many possible uses on future quilts.
Your pink and green quilt is beautiful and I know the intended receiver will love getting and using it.
I am a little envious at the opportunities...shopping and quilt groups...that you have available. I think I need to search a little more in this area for a group to "bee" with.
I'm game for February!
Do you make quilting resolutions for the New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment