Thursday, November 18, 2010

The week that is

Hey Lauren
Wow...great tutorial! Did you take a class without me or did you see a "how to video"?
 You are so inspiring. Is that what you are going to do with your turquoise and red collection? I can see all kinds of possibilities.

I have had a productive week. When I got home from your house I finished up the 9 patches for the top I was working on. Monday, I put the borders on. I like the way it looks, especially the lighter 9 patches that seem to create a white space in the top. Can you see them? The borders do seem to be flapping in the breeze even though I cut them to size. That's why you can't see the entire quilt in the picture. I don't want the quilt to fly away!


On Tuesday I took a class with Sally Korte at one of the LQS in my area. We worked with wool and created a pillow top for Christmas. I'm still working on it. I want to add some buttons and beads to some of the letters.

I finished my Turkey pillow top - just in time for next year!

Sally Korte taught that class too. She's a great teacher, low-key and very knowledgeable. She was once a partner with Alice Strebel in Kindred Spirits. Here's a link to the website http://www.alistrebeldesigns.com/
I'm liking working with wool. It's very forgiving and you can really make it interesting without too much effort!
I'm looking for the Betty Christmas block of the month. It seems to have walked out of the house on it's own! Where did I put it? I don't think I would have given it away. I worked too hard on it.
I went to B&N today and found a great new book. I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket.
It is full of amazing, inspirational quilts.
I started The Lily. It's about time isn't it? Thanks for that push..it helped. Right now I'm sewing chunks together and will work on placement this weekend.
And...not quilting related but look at this yarn that I spun.



 By the way, do you know how to use WonderUnder?

No comments:

Post a Comment